Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Projects Blog - Erosion/Soil conservation project

biocycle.atmos.colostate.edu
Summary
This week our class did our Erosion/soil conservation project. In this project, I learned about a place in North Carolina called cape Hatteras. I learned about different ways to prevent coastal erosion, and methods that you should probably avoid. I learned about barrier islands, why they are helpful, and how they are created. This is the summary of my project.

Backward-Looking
Before we started this project, I didn't know anything about cape Hatteras. I didn't even know what a barrier island was before we started this project. By doing this project, it taught me how to prevent coastal erosion and what a barrier island is. The only thing that I knew about before the project was the subject around coastal erosion and how its harmful. This is how much I knew before we started this projects.

Inward-Looking
I feel that my group did fairly well on this project. I am quite surprised that our presentation actually went that smoothly, depending on the fact that our slides did not lign up with the script. The part I particularly like would have to be our script. I liked this part because I spent a great amount of time on it, and it was organized so everybody had a fair share in what they had to say, and sounded very articulated and professional. The part I disliked would have to be our slide to script co-ordination. I say this because the slides were mixed up on the script, so we had to flip do different pages for different slides. What I enjoyed most whilst working on this project would have to be the script. These are my different aspects of my project

Outward-Looking
I would give this project a solid A. I say this because our script sounded very nice in flow and very professional in my opinion. Our slides were strait to the point and simple. Each slide and each person bestowed a great amount of information Everybody had a fair share in what to say and sounded nice and clear. This is why I would give my project this grade.


Forward-Looking
What I would change if I were to do this script over again would have to be the coordination between the script and the slides. I would do this because a lot of our slides were mixed up. That is compared to the script. For the most part, I think we did good. That is what I would change if I were to do it over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment