Wednesday, December 20, 2017

This Year's Charity Fair: Project Blog

Tri-fold of our project
Summary

During this project, I learned a lot. One thing that definitely stuck out to me in this project is learning how to use laminate on boards and cards. I needed to learn how to use this because without knowing how to we wouldn't be able to make our product look as professional. I also learned how to make a background that players can follow in order to make our board game functional. It taught me alot about graphic design and how the brain processes patterns and paths according to color coordination. This is what I learned over the course of this project

Backwards Looking - What process did you go through to produce this piece?

To create our board game, we went through a relatively simple process. To create all the different parts of the project is another story, so i'm just going to say how we made the game. First, we had to do all of the printing for the boards and cards. Next, we had to cut all the cards to size and laminate them. For the board, we had to cut all the boards to size and cut cardboard to match the background. We then glued the background to the cardboard and laminated it. Then, we laminated all the logos to the back of the text side of the cards. After all that, we put the cards, boards, marbles, rules, and dice into a box. After this we were done creating our product. 

Inwards Looking - How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work?

I feel as if our group did pretty well on this project. We produced a well done ignite presentation, as well as we were able to maintain clear ideas throughout the whole presentation. We also did pretty well on our products. However, some things that I thought we did OK on (not very good, or bad) is probably our tri-fold. Our tri-fold looked overall a bit sloppy, and kind or messy in my opinion, but it wasn't overwhelmingly terrible. This what I enjoyed, and didn't enjoy about our project

Outward Looking - What grade would you give it? Why?

I would probably give this project an A-. I would say this because, for the most part, we did everything relatively well. Our presentation was pretty good. Our product was very nice looking and presentable as a legitimate board game. Last but not least, our instructable was pretty good too. The only reason why I wouldn't give us an A is because, like I said before, our poster board had some faults. But they weren't overwhelming, as in they didn't distract you from the ideas our poster was conveying. This is the grade I would giver our project.

Forward Looking - As you look at this piece, what's one thing that you would like to try to improve upon?

I think that I could probably improve upon the tri-fold. As I mentioned before, the tri-fold was a bit sloppy, and overall could have probably improved. So next time I will know what I did wrong before, which was deciding to put the entire covering of paper at once, which can induce tears due to stretching. I think that we also could have made the rules a bit more specific, and potentially made our product look a bit nicer and more profesional. These are the things I will improve upon for my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment