Sunday, November 13, 2016

Human Body System Project: Making my Own Board Game! - Weekly Blog #8

Image result for board games
http://www.fluentu.com
Summary

This week in science, I worked on my board game for my human body 2.0 project. I designed my cards that will be used in the board game, most of the questions in my board game, as well as the characters that the player will play as. I learned how to put text into my drawing software through mediums such as Google Docs, Word Documents, and more. I also learned about the different types of brush setting I can use in my drawing software. This week, I mainly focused on getting most of the questions done, such as laying them out for each of the body systems in difficulty (easy, medium, and hard). This is what I learned in science this week.

S&EP - Analyzing Data

I used data to analyze the performance of a design under a range of conditions. I changed the rectangle shape in my original design for my board game to an octagon because of the different body systems sections. I wanted to have each side dedicated to that specific body system. this is because each side of the board representing each body, and having the cards of fate (A card that you pick when you land on a square, to affect the outcome of the game) in between would serve as a much more unique design. This would also give a lot more dedication to each of the body systems, so they are divided equally. 

XCC - Systems and System Models

I like to think of my game as a system with all of its different components, and rules to the system. My system works on a 2 dice randomly giving numbers 2-12. Depending on what number you get determines how far you go on the board. You can only claim an organ if you belong to that body system, and whoever can create a whole body system first will win. Of course this system has its limitations. The cards of fate will mess around with the game, and throw obstacles, or help out the user. This is why my board game is like a system.


No comments:

Post a Comment