Sunday, January 15, 2017

How My Superhero Got His Superpowers! - Weekly blog #11

http://einerd-static.petaxxoninformat.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Superman-49.jpg
Summary

This week in science, we learned about genetically modified organisms (GMO) as well as mutations. We had to incorporate what we learned about this into our superhero origin story. I based mine off of a mutation. I learned that a mutation is a change in genetic material. This change is found in a DNA sequence. This can be due to either an external, or internal factor. A mutation results in changes of proteins, and the result could be bad, neutral, or good. The reaction on a body that is mutated is either a substitution, insertion, or deletion of genes. 

S&EP - Constructing explanations and designing solution

I evaluated information regarding mutation to explain how my superhero got his superpowers and form my hypotheses. I formed a hypotheses on how the potion would act on the the genes, through the basic rules of mutation. With the information I learned this week, I was able to create a story on how my superhero got his superpowers. That is how I constructed an explanation this week in science.

XCC - Cause and Effect 

There is a lot of cause and effect when it comes to mutation. The cause being the insertion, deletion, or substitution of alleles, and the effect being a negative neutral or positive affect on the body. This can be tied in with my origin story by the cause being the potion, and the affect being a mutation. This is how I used a cross cutting concept this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment