Sunday, November 19, 2017

Fluxx, Body System Edition - Project Blog


Edited by me: Original Photo from http://www.sciencephoto.com
Summary


In this project, I learned about the different body system organs, and how they directly correlate with each other. I also learned how to create a card game by printing the context of the card onto the front side, and print the backing onto to the back using double sided printing. Through this card game, i could make direct connections between organs, due to them having to be connected in some sort of way in order for the game to work and make sense. I also learned how to play Fluxx, and what the different cards meant and how they affect game play.

Backward-Looking: In what ways do you think you need to improve?

Well, I think that I could improve on the overall neatness and presentation  of the cards. Even though I tried my best cutting the cards to shape, the backing of the cards wasn't perfectly aligned. This ended up messing with the entire composure of the cards. With this in mind, I know that I can make the cards better in presentation. I also think that I could have come up with better, and more creative interpretations of the "new rule" cards.

Inward-Looking: What was especially satisfying to you about either the process or the finished product?

Something that was especially satisfying at the finished product was the overall gratification that completing all the cards gave me. Doing all of that painstaking work to create the different types of cards was really worth it at the end. I was able to look at the end product with a strong sense of completion and fulfillment in making an engaging and creative Fluxx game.

Outward-Looking: In what ways did your work meet the standards for this assignment? In what ways did it not meet those standards?

A way that I met the standards of the assignment was by creating a variety or cards that were both intriguing, and included all the necessary components of the assignments. I also met the standards in the lamination process for the card making. During this process, I was able to accurately laminate the card stock onto the lamination sheets, and create protected cards that looked professional. A way that I didn't meet the standards of the assignment because I didn't cut the cards very neatly.

Forward-Looking: As you look at this piece, what's one thing that you would like to try to improve upon?

If I were to improve upon one thing in this piece of work, I would improve on making the cards look more presentable and playable. I could have done this by doing neater cutting and making sure that the backing of the cards was perfectly aligned with the front. I also could have taken out the bubbles that occurred from the laminate much better. With these small improvements, I could have made a more professional, and neat looking end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment