Monday, October 26, 2015

Project Blog Post

Image result for grand prismatic spring
http://goo.gl/gCR2El
This week in science, we did our Land form Detective project. The land form we decided to choose 
was the Grand Prismatic Spring. I learned that the Grand Prismatic Spring is the largest one in all of Yellowstone National Park. I also learned  how the Grand prismatic spring gets its rainbow colors. The image shown above is how the spring looks like.


Backwards Looking

I had no prior knowledge to the Grand Prismatic Spring before we did this project. In fact, before this project I didn't know very much about Yellowstone National park itself. However, before this project in class, we have been learning about land forms. what we learned about was the different types there are, what they do to the earth, how they are formed etc. In what we have been learning, springs didn't really show up often. so with my group we decided to do the Grand Prismatic Spring.

Inwards Looking

In this project, I feel that we did pretty good job on explaining the Grand Prismatic Spring, and defining the details of it. I particularly like how we did our slide presentation and our presentation all in one. There may have been a couple of errors, but I liked how everyone maintained eye contact and good grammar. What I disliked most about the project was the model. The model looked very nice in the beginning, but overtime got damaged, and the clay had a lighter look to it, not what we expected. I enjoyed the work and effort put into the document and slide presentation and divided equally amongst ourselves. 

Outwards Looking

I would grade this project a B+ or an  A-. I decided to base this grade on the presentation, information accuracy, and model. I would give it this grade for the following reasons, my first reason is for the presentation, I feel like we did alright on it. I think this because everyone made good eye contact, had good grammar/punctuation most of the time, and everyone had a fair share of talking. However, there were some mistakes on the presentation. I felt like everyone did fair share on the research and gave accurate information.although at the end, I felt like we were missing something that has to do with how it was tectonically formed or something in that manner.

Forwards Looking

What I would change in this project if we were to start over again would have to be the model and giving further information on the tectonic plates. I feel this way because in my opinion, I think the model wasn't quite 100 there. I just overall think that it's not as good as I expected it to be. I also think we shoul provide further information on the tectonic process of the spring, to elaborate on that a bit more because I have noticed that other groups had more details in that particular subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment