Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Weekly Blog

Image result for usa map
mapofpictures.blogspot.com
This week in science, we focused on our safest place in America projects. My team and I learned that the closest place to the safest place in America is in West Virginia. We are still not 100% sure on it though we still need to do a bit more analyzing but otherwise we started our advertisement. I learned about the tornado alley this week and the states it run through. I also learned that Texas and Florida both have a very high risk of many natural disasters.

SP1: Asking questions and defining problems
I formulate testable questions when I tested which state is the safest place in america. I did this by looking at all the maps for where hazards occur most, and summed it down to a state. We also analyzed the faults and threat zones by researching it. We asked several questions, a couple examples are, "Is there more than one safe place","Are we completely sure". We than tested our theory by going more in depth in our research.



No comments:

Post a Comment