Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Project Blog - Message In A Bottle

Image
fntazia.wordpress.com
Summary

For this project in science, I learned more about the ocean currents. I learned how the salinity in the water can change the course of can object. I also learned that apposing temperatures of water can change the route of an object. Another thing I learned is that hot water has much faster moving molecules than cold water. Finally, In this project, I definitely learned how to improve my writing skills when I was writing my message.

Backward-Looking

      I honestly didn't know all to much about ocean current before this project. I did know quite a bit about the oceans though. I definitely learned a lot of new things about ocean as well. When it comes ocean currents, all I really knew was that they go in different directions. I also knew that depending on where it is located, it will have a name based off of that area. For an example, the Kuroshio current has a Japanese sound of a word, because it is right next to to japan. This is how much I knew before we started this project.

Inward-Looking

      I think that I was a bit rushed on this. In the beggining of this project, I thought I pretty much had all the time in the world. For the map, I took my time and tried to make it as perfect as possible. Finding the route did take a while as well. So when it cam to doing my actual story, i was a bit late on it. But despite all this, surprisingly enough, my favorite part was probably the story. I made it really interesting. I also made it short and sweet, going straight to the point, including all the required material. I honestly liked the whole project as a whole. I didn't really not like anything, accept the fact that I felt a bit rushed. I enjoyed the fact that we got to incorporate our writing skills into this project. Not to brag or anything, but I can actually make a pretty good story if I am really into it.

Outward-Looking 

I believe that an honest grade would be an A- or an A. I think this because I had all the material necessary on the story. I also had really good creativity on the story. Im pretty sure I had all the right currents due to my reasoning. And my map was pretty good to be honest. I was outlined on the continents looked really accurate, or at least I tried. Thats why I think I deserve this grade.


Forward-Looking

Probably the thing I would change would be the story. This is only if I absolutely had to change something. I only say this because I had pretty little time. It was also kind of short. I feel like I could have included more facts. I also think that I overall could have increased how rich and interesting the story was. This is what I would have changed if I could do this project over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment