Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Geologic Time Mini Project Begins! - Weekly Blog #3

Image result for eras
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/65/38/e56538d8492a42246bd84e00306dd674.png
Summary

This week in science, we were introduced to our geologic times project. In this project, our task is to create a visual of all the eras and the key events that conspires in them. The different eras we had to study where the Precambrian era, Paleozoic era, Mesozoic era, and the Cenozoic era. I learned that in the Cenozoic era, there was the rise if the mammals. This era is the latest era of all, and leads into the present. In this era, mammals dominated the earth. This era was extremely important, mainly due in part to the major areas of evolution. Birds, plants, insects, and mammals all started to evolve into what they are like today. In the later parts of this era, or about 100,000 years ago, humans started to rise. This is what I learned this week in science.

S&EP - Constructing Explanations

This week, I was able to figure out what the key features of the Cenozoic period were through extensive research and recording my findings. I evaluated information to explain what the Cenozoic era represented and why its important. I constructed an explanation of what types of key events, geological changes, and the types of plants and animals of my era. With this information I was able to further advance my understanding of the topic in order to make the visual representation this project demands as a result.

XCC - Structure and Function

I believe that there is strong connection between structure and function in this era. I think of this because of the structure that we were able to form in society. When the mammals evolved into humans, we were able to build the structure of ethics, and be able to judge whats right and wrong. This gives the function of a, well, functional society. I know that this is stretching it a little bit but it is still in the Cenozoic era and it does relate to these concepts so that why I included it. Without being able to build the structure of a functional society, we wouldn't be able to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment