Monday, September 5, 2016

Cell Wars Continues! Weekly Blog #2

Image
Image result for cells taking over
jonlieffmd.com
Summary

This week on the island, we continued our organelle war. Our organelle we are studying is the Ribosome. It turns out that the ribosome isn't an actual organelle. They aren't membrane enclosed so they aren't considered an organelle. They are also very small in size. Even though this is true, they are still extremely important to the cells. the provide extremely important proteins that help our body grow. From the bones all the way to the muscles.

S&EP - Arguing from evidence

I formulated evidence based on solid data when I stated the ribosomes importance. I used various websites as evidence. I stated that proteins are some of the key nutrients for your body to operate. They build your bones and muscles. They are also what make you strong. I collaborated with my peers in searching for the best explanation. I did some research on the structure of the ribosome. which I discussed with Sienna. Together we figured out that the ribosome has a large subunit and a small subunit.

XCC - Structure and Function

We were working on the structure this week. What we figured out is that they work together hand in hand with the function. There are two subunits in the ribosome. The large subunit and the small subunit both make the proteins.  they work together and make your bones and muscles work. This is why the structure and function are both necessary to produce proteins.

No comments:

Post a Comment