Sunday, September 18, 2016

Cell Wars Is at an End - Project Blog

Image
One of my memes that I made to defend the Ribosome (I couldn't get a screenshot of my Tackk)

Link To My Tackk: https://tackk.com/qcphm3

Summary

During this project, I learned a lot, mainly about the ribosome, and what it does to help the other organelles. In this project I studied about how the ribosomes function, and what their structure is like. I also learned about the Golgi body and the endoplasmic-reticulum. We had to know about these two because they help the ribosome with making proteins. For an example, the ribosomes produce the proteins, than the endoplasmic-reticulum sends it to the Golgi Body to package it. This is the brief summary of the ribosomes job, and our Cell Wars project.

Backwards Looking

I knew quite a bit about the subject of this project before we started. I think I remember studying cells in either 4th grade or 5th grade, but I definitely did at one point. There were a few things presented that I recognized from the past. For an example, the nucleus, cell membrane, cell wall, and cytoplasm definitely rang a bell. I definitely remembered taking some type of test about the functions and names of each of the organelles. This is how much I knew about the subject before hand.

Inwards Looking

Something I was especially proud about in this project was the video. I poured almost all of my effort into that video, and it really stuck out. Everybody overall enjoyed it and thought it was great. Most of all, the people said that they learned something as well as they enjoyed it. This is because we also put all of the information we got from our research into the video as well.

Outwards Looking

I would most probably give this project an overall A. I say this because my video was definitely much above the standards or the expectations. The posters had a lot of thought put into them. They were also very unique and creative concepts. The only thing that barely met the expectations were the smears. I say this because the maximum was either 7 or 5, and the minimum was 2. I made 2. Even so, the smears I made couldn't even qualify as smears. One of them was calling an organelle a plastic bag for god sakes! Anyways, im not very good at those things so that's why the smears barely made it.

Forwards Looking

Something I could definitely improve upon is the smears. When I was doing my smears I didn't put nearly as much effort as I did on the posters, needless to say the video. I barely cut it, making only 2 smears. The smears overall weren't at my best efforts, because im not really into doing stuff like that to others. I also didnt really wanted to start any "beef" between other organelles. That is what i would improve upon if I could do the project over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment